Portage, MI / Traveling
Located in Portage, MI, American Inks & Technology is a manufacturer and seller of water and solvent based commercial flexographic printing inks. We produce and manufacture ink for the packaging, food product, plastic and specialty ink markets. As a family owned and operated business, American Inks & Technology specializes in much more than ink, our business is SERVICE and our product is ink. In addition to producing several highly successful lines of water based inks and coating s for use on corrugated, paper, and film stock, American Inks & Technology also manufactures a multitude of inks and coatings for the solvent market. Our successes are based on our understanding of customer needs and our ability to formulate and provide consistent, high quality products that address those needs.
- The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years experience in ink color matching, pressroom experience, water base inks and solvent applications. Flexo printing experience is desired.
- Strong emphasis on the ability to identify, set and review quality standards for customers.
- Should have background in performing at all levels of the Graphic Technician Function.
- Understands flexographic ink quality test procedures and equipment.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to work and correspond with all employees from plant level, up to management.
- Familiarity with MS Word & Excel.
- Ability to deliver the highest level of customer service when in house and on site at customers facilities.
- Ability to recognize operational problems and implement changes to correct them.
Perform multi-level Graphic Technician functions at various customer sites throughout the Midwestern region.
- Furnish press side technical service as required to adjust problems, such as shade, color, body, stripping, bleeding, skinning, and assisting with press related problems associated with ink.
- Assist in the ordering process by reviewing the customers long term schedule to predict ink usage and identify any special orders.
- Weigh, blend, QC, and deliver in a productive, efficient, and safe manner press-ready inks to meet the demands of the customer’s production schedule.
- Prepares draw-downs and displays for color comparisons.
- Matches colors and formulates ink to specification.
- Follow appropriate quality control and inspection process for inks to ensure quality to the presses.
- Perform standard quality control tests to insure inks meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
- 50% – 75% travel is required.
- Candidate would preferably be located in the Portage/Kalamazoo Michigan area.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Overnight travel when required.
- Ability to lift and move raw materials weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, grasp, balance, twist, bend, climb, kneel, crawl and crouch.
American Inks & Technology is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
- $45,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- On the road