- Color match and formulate inks utilizing Ink Formulation software – will train.
- Formulate inks to meet customer specifications for their specific applications.
- Weigh, blend and proof inks in a laboratory setting.
- Follow appropriate quality control and inspection process for inks to ensure quality based on customer specifications, as well as backup in the Quality Control department.
- Complete raw material evaluations for potential backup or replacement raw materials.
- Assist with maintaining the work-off ink process for non-conforming products by regulating use and storage, and creating formulas to work waste into sellable product.
- Data entry of laboratory data into company software.
- Make sure that the office, equipment and floors are cleaned and properly maintained up to the standards the supervisor has put into place.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Strong PC computer skills, and ability to learn complex software applications.
- Must have strong communications skills and a working knowledge of MS Excel.
- An Associate Degree or higher is preferred and a minimum of a high school degree is required
- Ability to differentiate small variances in color and have excellent color aptitude and an understanding of color theory.
- The ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in ink color matching, pressroom and work-off formulation but will train the right person.
- Mathematical skills including percentages, etc.
- Ability to use small electronic laboratory scales.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds occasionally.
- Strong emphasis on the ability to identify, set and review quality standards for customers.